Jun 24, 2014

Cayenne Pepper used to treat migraine pain. It Works!

I know I've posted this at least twice on FaceBook. BUT since all 3 of my siblings suffer from migraines. And I have at least 4 friends, 3 of whom are on FB, that have migraine as well. I'm posting again here.  Maybe someone will find it and be helped.

Make a thin solution of ground cayenne pepper and water. Dip a q-tip in the mixture and gently wipe it around inside your nostrils. It has worked to relieve my head pain every time I've used it.
Don't use a lot of pepper. More is not better. The capsaicin in the pepper somehow blocks something to relieve pain.

I checked with my EENT doc yesterday to make sure that applying this solution to mucus membranes would not cause any problems. He said I'm fine.

There is a spray commercially available, but I haven't tried it because
1, I feel I have more control of the placement with the q-tip and
 2, I keep cayenne on hand for cooking anyway so this remedy is essentially free


Article on using cayenne pepper in the nose to treat migraine pain

No comments: