Aug 3, 2015

Yummy, made from scratch, Pico de Gallo

 
 
Sometimes when we go to visit David's parents his mom treats us to lunch at her, and our, favorite Mexican restaurant.
 
They serve the most delicious Pico de Gallo.
 
Last week Sarah, David and I went to visit, Daniel was at work, and she treated us to lunch.  Of course we were all enjoying the Pico and I finally had the presence of mind to ask if we could buy a pint to bring home.  So we did and Sarah and I ate most of it the next day.
 
I looked some recipes up online to get the gist of how it was seasoned then made it myself.  It came out so tasty!  Here is what I did:
 
about 2 c diced white cabbage
1 sm shallot diced
1 lg jalapeno diced, seeds removed
6 plum tomatoes diced, seeds removed
cilantro leaves finely chopped
about 1 tbsp. lime juice
about 1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
 
Mix it all up and let it sit for an hour or 2 before serving.
 
I think this is something I will keep on hand as I can eat it in place of coleslaw.
 

No comments: